Thursday, February 12, 2009

12th February 2009














This photo-a-day lark can be quite stressful. I'm trying to be as honest as possible - taking and uploading one photo per day. So far each of the photos have been taken on the date listed, even if they've been uploaded in bulk a few days later. So far, no cheating.

The problem arises if I spot two great photo opportunities in one day. I'm not allowing myself to hold a photo over to the next day which means trying to decide which to upload, and which to delete. It's the digital version of Sophie's Choice. The opposite - and more common - problem is when it gets late in the day and nothing has taken my fancy, so I frantically try to snap anything just to get the daily photo.

So, this morning, on my way to a meeting with a law firm at 7am, I noticed the sunrise over the Irish Sea in the Docklands. It was a perfect photo opportunity, and the photo has come out pretty well, but rather than relaxing in the knowledge that today's photo is taken and uploaded, I'm hiding in my office hoping I don't spot anything better on my way home, to displace this one, and lose the smug satisfaction of having been at a 7am meeting!

1 comment:

  1. A law firm at 7am...??? You sure you're in Dublin and not Washington?! Great pics.

    ReplyDelete